Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 box (16.5 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch round cake pans*; set aside.
Beat cake mix, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, water, eggs and cinnamon 30 seconds in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed. Beat on medium speed, scraping sides occasionally, 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and cool completely. Sprinkle, if desired, with confectioners sugar or fill and frost.
- *Or, prepare cake mix as above in 13 x 9-inch baking pan and bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. VARIATIONS: For A PECAN COCONUT TOPPED CAKE...combine 1 cup flaked coconut, 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar and 1/2 cup chopped pecans, then sprinkle over cake batter in 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For A BLACK FOREST CHOCOLATE CAKE...do not flour baking pan. Evenly spread 2 cans (21 oz. ea.) cherry pie filling over bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan, top with prepared cake batter and bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, then turn upside down onto serving platter. For A DECADENT CHOCOLATE LAVA...combine 2 packages (3.4 oz. ea.) instant pudding, 2 cups water, 2 cups milk and 1/3 cup sugar until blended, then pour over cake batter in 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted along edge comes out clean and serve warm. For A YELLOW MAYONNAISE CAKE...substitute 1 box (18 oz.) yellow cake mix for the chocolate cake mix. Cost per recipe**: $2.88 Cost per serving**: $0.24 **Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Servings Size||1 serving|
|Calories from Fat||190|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||32 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||2 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|